1. Last night, The Husband and I attended a documentary screening at Le Paris des Faubourgs, a great association that I have the privilege of being able to work with starting later this month. The film, We, the walking wounded, was filmed by Mohamad Reza Sahibdad, an Afghani who fled his native land and sought asylum in Paris. His film deals with another man in this same situation. At the end of the screening, he showed us the trailer for his next film, Welcome to Paristan. This is pretty cool stuff, and it pertains to what I’m writing my thesis on. Check it out!
2. Currently reading (other than books for school and thesis research…) Les Misérables in French. Can we just all stop for a minute to appreciate the greatness that is Monseigneur Bienvenue? I only have time to read this while I brush my teeth and do my hair, but let’s just say that I’ve been taking over 10 minutes every morning and night to do this because I’m enjoying the book so much…
3. This non-stop snow dusting over Paris that has been happening for the past 4 days.
4. Thesis research. I. Am. Such. A. Nerd. Have I mentioned lately how much I love school? Also, just read a chapter from the next book on my to-read list — On Deep History and the Brain by Daniel Lord Smail. Read it and marvel about how you’ve never thought about the link between culture and brain evolution before. Rinse. Repeat.
5. These pictures taken by The Husband recently on a walk in our quartier. We may not live in the ideal picture perfect Parisian quartier, but it’s ours and I love it to death for that simple reason. I love that he found beauty in a busy, migrant area that is not normally considered a beautiful area within Paris.
Only 1.5 more weeks before two weeks of Spring Break! My camera will definitely be getting some loving then since I’ve been neglecting it so much lately for school work!